Summary: Are you unable to export Office 365 shared mailbox to PST? Then this article will provide you with an effortless solution to execute this process. We have discussed the manual (eDiscovery) and an automated solution.
Nowadays, we have observed that several employees who work in an organization use Office 365 to work and access data online. But due to some unwanted situations like compliance requirements, data loss, data deletion, users started to back up their data to avoid these issues.
Because in the digital world, crucial data is like a weapon that you have, if you lose it then you lose the battle. This means that you cannot compromise with your data at any cost. And for that, it is required to consider all possible steps and choose the best approach to export Office 365 shared mailbox to PST.
Well, there are some manual solutions available on the internet. However, some users are afraid to implement those methods as they are not fully aware of the process to execute. because of which those users are still looking for a simple yet effective solution.
If you are one of them, this article will help you move Office 365 shared mailbox to PST effortlessly without losing any crucial data.
Here we will explain the manual approach for those who want to implement this solution. The rest of the users can go for the professional solution which will be explained in another section.
Export Office 365 Shared Mailbox to PST – Manual Approach
In this section, we will be using the manual solution (eDiscovery tool) to execute this process. Follow the steps carefully as one mistake can lead to data loss. It is suggested not to use this approach for a large number of files.
- Open your Office 365 administrator account by entering login credentials and hitting on Admin. Then, press the Security & Compliance option.
- Navigate to the Permissions and e-Discovery Manager role group. From the properties window of the role, go to the Edit option, and add your account to the eDiscovery Administrator list. With other role groups, scrutinize if Mailbox Import and Export role groups are provided. In case not, assign this group to the role groups by navigating the Edit option.
- Navigate to Search and Investigation and select Content Search. Press New Search now and choose the specific locations option and again select the Modify option.
- Now select Exchange email or pick any mailboxes from selected users, groups option
- Users can use filter options such as keywords, from/to/subject, message types, and more and hit Add button.
- provide a name and description of the search process and select the “Save” button.
- Now, navigate to the Content Search again, tap on Refresh, and pick your created search.
- On the Mailbox PST Backup window, hit on More and then Export results.
- Now pick the desired options and tap on Export.
- The process of exporting will be beginning. In the Export tab, users can view the progress.
- Now download the results and click on the export key is where you can copy them to the clipboard.
- In the e-Discovery export tool, paste the copied export key. Then, select the location for the PST file to save and press Start.
- The tool will initiate the process to export. When successfully completed, press the Finish button.
Demerits of Using E-Discover Tool
It might be good for several users to move Office 365 shared mailbox to PST using the eDiscovery tool. But users should be ready to face the issues like PST file got corrupted, Items are missing, PST Export button is missing, PST Export button is missing.
Moreover, users requires to have moderate knowledge of using Office 365. Because the process is a bit complex even a small mistake can increase the chances of data loss.
Also, if these issues arrive then it takes time to solve those So, it is recommended to use the professional tool.
Experts Recommended Solution to Export Office 365 Shared Mailbox to PST
For those users who are not able to execute the manual process properly or found it difficult while using it. We have discussed the automated solution suggested by many experts around the world. Using the most reliable and in-demand Office 365 Export Tool, users can move their single/multiple Office 365 mailboxes to PST without losing any data.
Follow the steps to Move Office 365 Shared Mailbox to PST
- Initially Download and launch the tool on the local system. Then press the Login button.
- On the next screen, select the checkbox to tick which corresponds to “IsAdmin”.
- After that, all the User Email IDs under the admin ID will be shown.
- Select Microsoft Outlook (PST) in the “Select Email Format” section.
- Now, in category section, choose the mails option and apply the Date filter if required.
- Then navigate and set the location for the final export process.
- Finally, Initiate the export process by pressing “Start” button.
In this article, we have talked about how to export Office 365 shared mailbox to PST. Using the eDiscovery tool, users might end up in a situation where they can lose their crucial data. So, it is suggested to use above mentioned professional tool to execute the exporting process smoothly without losing any data.