Whether you’re an administrator or a regular user, you’ve probably needed to access your old Exchange database at some point. There are a variety of reasons why you might need to export Exchange mailbox EDB to Outlook, including:
- To improve the server’s performance
- Some messages need to be backed up.
- The EDB file in your computer has become corrupted.
You’d like to Fix EDB.
Repairing and exporting Exchange mailbox data into Outlook PST format can address all of these issues. So, let’s begin by learning a little about EDB and PST in general.
EDB stands for Exchange Database and it is a collection of several user mailboxes. This file is created on the Exchange server to maintain track of a user’s mailbox and is also known as the Exchange database repository of all emails sent and received.
Outlook (PST) is an Outlook data file with the.pst file extension created on the local workstation and shortened as a Personal storage table. Emails, notes, journals, calendars, attachments, and other items are generally stored in PST files.
The Reasons for Converting EDB to PST
There are a variety of reasons why someone might desire to convert Exchange mailbox EDB to Outlook PST format in a safe and secure manner. The following are some of the reasons:
- Your EDB file has gotten corrupted, and you need to recover the information it contains.
- To automatically enhance server performance by reducing the huge mailbox capacity.
- to conserve space in the storage (and avoid extra expenses on Capitals)
- Exchange mailboxes must be backed up.
- Some mailboxes or emails require backup.
- Do you need to move some mailbox data from one location to another?
- To minimize the possibility of EDB file corruption.
- We now know why a user might want to export an Exchange mailbox EDB to Outlook PST format. So, let’s have a look at some efficient and simple tools that can easily repair and convert EDB into PST format, as well as a free manual solution.
Easiest Way to Export Exchange Mailbox EDB to Outlook PST Format –
The manual solution will be fairly complex if you come from a non-technical background. Manually performing it will be a dreadful task, especially for busy Exchange admins. So, in this article, we’ll talk about the finest EDB to PST conversion software. The transfer of EDB mailbox data to PST becomes a simple and rapid operation. It is possible to complete it in less time. That’s why we need a solution like EDB to PST converter, which is both powerful and user-friendly.
This software speeds up the export process by using the least amount of resources and time feasible. Multiple EDB files and mailboxes are converted to PST format while server speed is maintained.
It can simply repair faulty Exchange databases and convert Exchange mailboxes to PST format. This software has two scanning options (Quick and Advanced scan) that automatically eliminate corruption from dismounted/offline EDB files without losing data.
Within a single CSV file, the software also provides an activity log for Admin to watch the entire EDB to PST conversion process. Let’s take a closer look at this instrument.
How to Export EDB to PST from an Exchange Mailbox
- Firstly, Get the EDB to PST Converter and install it.
- Secondly, Open the Exchange to Outlook tool and select Add file from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Exchange Database > Select “Add” from the drop-down menu.
- In the panel, view all of the EDB mailbox data objects.
- To convert an Exchange mailbox EDB to a PST file, click the Export option.
- To set the destination folder, select the PST file and click the browse button > Select the export option.
The Final Word
After reading this article, you should have all the information you need to export Exchange mailbox EDB to Outlook to PST using both manual and automatic techniques. It is now up to you to choose whether to fight with exporting individual mailboxes one by one or to benefit from the easy migration provided by EDB to the PST converter program. Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2010, and all previous versions are supported by the software.
Q Is it mandatory to install Outlook client to perform the EDB to PST conversion?
A. No, it is not necessary to install MS Outlook on the machine to convert EDB to PST format.